Recent content by Dave Hoskins

1. Dave Hoskins

How cold is it?

Right now I am showing it 13 with a wind chill of 6. Now, I know some of you all think that is nothing. It's just plain hurtful to me!
  2. Dave Hoskins

Friday 12JAN24

Had a MRI yesterday to see if the cancer is still gone from the kidneys. Afterward ate tamales. Gotta have them. Lot of walking yesterday which is hard with bad knees. Ended up taking pain crap yesterday evening which really screws me up the next day. I think we might run a couple of...
  3. Dave Hoskins

Bowl feet

I have never done a footed one either. Well, not successfully. Need to qualify that. After seeing this I might give it another go.
  4. Dave Hoskins

2024 - Off to a rip roaring start.

Dang. Not particularly a good start, is it? Here's to hoping that you all will get well fast and that the worst is over!
  5. Dave Hoskins

Slick Driving

As bad as I hate to say it, that pictograph is true. With a few exceptions in the Panhandle area. Back in the winter of 1975 I was sent to beautiful, wonderful, luxurious Parris Island, SC. Just in time for a major winter storm that put several inches of snow on the ground along with ice...
  6. Dave Hoskins

Etsy alternatives (list)

Several years ago I looked at some on that list. I tried the one named Bonanza and was not happy at all. My opinion only. Others may love it. But if they do I would question the ability of their thinking departments. I will gander at some of the others. Thanks for this.
  7. Dave Hoskins

Slick Driving

I've driven 4x4's most of my life. Mainly one Jeep model or another. I always said that when it is icy, the only difference between 4 wheel drive and 2 wheel, is the number of wheels that are spinning without traction. Ice is dangerous and best to stay off of it if there is any choice.
  8. Dave Hoskins

Happy Birthday mike calabrese!

Happy Birthday, Mike!!! Hope it's the best one yet! :b-day_cake::b-day:
  9. Dave Hoskins

Friday 5Jan24

OK. For those to whom it matters. Yes, this is the first Friday of the year! It's just another Friday to me. Well, actually. All Fridays are just another day unless I'm having a colonoscopy that day. Anyway, Foggy. Rainy. Cool. Kinda miserable weather here. Yeah, I know. Could be a...
  10. Dave Hoskins

Happy Birthday Wayne Eikenberry!

Yahoo!!! Another run around the sun! Happy Birthday, Wayne!!! :b-day::b-day_cake:
  11. Dave Hoskins

Live edge cherry

Downright gorgeous! Makes me thinks me needs to do some live edge bowls again. Been awhile.
  12. Dave Hoskins

Pitter patter.. turned a platter

That is a darn nice looking platter, Ryan! Great job.
  13. Dave Hoskins

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Here's to hoping that 2024 is better than 2023. And, that everyone is safe and happy.
  14. Dave Hoskins

Friday 12/28 edition

Uh, on the midnight peeing thing, me ain't saying. Anyway, today will be some errands and then tamales. As the weather don't know what it wants to do, I don't know how much shop time I'll be getting in, but some for sure.
  15. Dave Hoskins

Naughty List

PS: I never had a BB gun. First gun of any kind that I had was a .22 lever action rifle at the ripe age of 7.