Recent content by Tom Baugues

1. Tom Baugues

Hoarding wood...

Preaching to the choir. I have buckets full of small scraps that I never seem to be able to part with. Ya just never know when you're going to need "that one piece".
  2. Tom Baugues

Broken tooth on blade.......fix or throw away?

I'll take a very close look at them with a magnifier.
  3. Tom Baugues

I guess I'll just toss it out. I really didn't "need" the blades but they were very nice new ones and were being given to me at no cost.
  4. Tom Baugues

Tonight I was gifted a brand new pair of 10 inch table saw blades. A 60 tooth and a 40 tooth. As the owner picked them up to show them to me, both blades fell out of the package and crashed to the cement floor very hard. One of the two blades now has a broken carbide tooth. Can these teeth be...
  5. Tom Baugues

Is Stu (from Tokyo) still here?

Thank you for this.
  6. Tom Baugues

Ok, Thanks Tom.
  7. Tom Baugues

Does Stu still check in here? I recently watched a YouTube video he made where Stu had shown some set up jigs he made to set his grinder up to sharpen bowl gouges for different angles. The link he provided no longer works so I was hoping to find him to see if he still had the angle profiles...
  8. Tom Baugues

Will this stop the cracking?

What about soaking these in denatured alcohol overnight? I've read that can help it dry as well.
  9. Tom Baugues

Will this stop the cracking?

My next door neighbor trimmed up his Maple trees a couple days ago and had this pile sitting out waiting for the city to come haul it away. I went over and cut myself a log to turn on my lathe. I'm thinking (3pc) candle holders. Of course the wood is VERY wet right now. I turned off the bark and...
  10. Tom Baugues

a coupla plaques.

Thanks Don, I have a 20 watt laser. Some say I can laser on aluminum as well but I have not tried it. Looks great though.
  11. Tom Baugues

a coupla plaques.

Looks great Don. Are the plates metal? Are you doing these with a laser? What do you use?
  12. Tom Baugues

It got me

Your one of US now.... Hope you get to feeling better soon.
  13. Tom Baugues

Free HDPE

I have made many pen turning bushings out of this stuff. Works great. I have plenty on hand but yes Rennie...there are many good uses for it.
  14. Tom Baugues

The time has almost come.

Glad it all went well for you John.
  15. Tom Baugues

How to clean "varmit stink" from a table saw?

I like this idea. It never occurred to me to take it to a car wash station and wash it there. I like that idea. Thank you