Mini Daisy Stock

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
My 6 year old granddaughter has been wanting to learn to shoot, the buck stock is a bit long yet for her yet, so I used it to trace and make one her size. This was actually a red Ryder stock as I swapped the buck stock and cocking lever is on the grandsons red Ryder.
IMG_0797.jpeg

I used some poplar I had on hand, cut out on the BS, sanded down on the oscillating sander, the used an old 1/2” round over on the edges. I may still thin out the pistol grip area before sanding and finishing. It fits her well though at the new length.

for me, its the best stuff when I can make something for a family member that they use or enjoy.

good job grandpa, I still have the chipmunk single shot short 22 rifle I taught my son on when he was six....my daughter is against me teaching my grandson in a few years. she doesnt like guns. I try to explain its a sport, but havent convinced her yet.

Shoots lefty just like me :)
The grandson is a lefty, well left eye dominant, but he does everything else right handed. He watched me doing everything right handed and learned that way. He's actually ambidextrous and mostly does as well with either hand.

I tested the granddaughter and she was right eye dominant, so we're teaching her right handed and is mostly right handed for everything.

for me, its the best stuff when I can make something for a family member that they use or enjoy.

good job grandpa, I still have the chipmunk single shot short 22 rifle I taught my son on when he was six....my daughter is against me teaching my grandson in a few years. she doesnt like guns. I try to explain its a sport, but havent convinced her yet.
It won't take long for him to be into video games and he'll be doing it virtually. We have a friend who's son had never shot before, but plays a lot of shooting games on xbox. I took him over and let him shoot one of my .22's and he was bulls eyeing every target as he learned to aim on realistic virtual guns.

Good for you. Keep the original stock as kids have a way of growing up. I taught my sons shooting with Hopkins & Allen muzzle loading underhammer rifles. The stocks were easily removable and replaceable. I cut them down when the boys were small the put full size back in in later years.
Yeah, I keep all the original stocks for any gun I modify. I talked to both of them and let them know that each of them would have to hand down their guns to the next one in line. My grandson's reply was "that's so you can buy more guns!"...good boy! :) :D